- Домашняя страница>
- Системы, Объединительные платы и Источники питания>
- Compute and Storage Platform
- Дальнейшее уточнение не требуется
Compute and Storage Platform
Schroff ServCite Rack –
A new generation of speed, storage and data processing capacity
Pentair presents the new Schroff ServCite rack based on the highly efficient OCP (Open Compute Project) concept. The ServCite rack has been developed specifically to meet the stringent requirements of the telecommunications industry for shock and vibration resistance, redundancy and reliable cooling capacity. This open source rack-level hardware system comprises a rack with shelves, ToR (Top of Rack) switches, a power shelf, and sleds for computing or storage intensive applications.
Furthermore, this design innovations are being contributed to OCP as the CG-Openrack-19 specification.
Read more about the contribution to the OCP specification
- Mechanical modifications in height, width, depth, color number and position of shelves et al.
- Accessories such as electronic door lock, rear door cooler and integration in rack management
- Optional integration of PSUs, PDUs, switches, shelves, fiber optic cabling
- Environmental protection and EMI shielding
- Shock, vibration & seismic up to Zone 4
- Cold or hot aisle containment cooling strategies
Compute- and Storage-Sleds:
- Mechanical adaptations to fit different main boards or custom electronics
- Board development for power distribution boards (12V sled input voltage to mainboard), copper to fiber converter boards, i.e.
- BMC (Baseboard management controller) for server mainboards
- Integration and test of compute and storage sleds
- Combine storage & computing to create a rack tuned for each application
The ServCite Rack is based on the concept of OCP (Open Compute Project). OCP is an industry-wide initiative for defining the specifications and designs for the most energy efficient and economical data center possible. There are, however, additional requirements for environmental and mechanical durability in the telecommunications industry that are not covered in the OCP standard.
The Schroff ServCite rack meets the requirements and fulfills design considerations for telecommunications applications . The Pentair offering comprises a rack with shelves, ToR (Top of Rack) switches, a power shelf, and sleds for computing or storage intensive applications.
ToR – Top-of-Rack Switch for optimized cable handling Storage Sled – 2U, full width, 800 mm deep.
An example configuration contains a single Dual-socket Xeon motherboard with 2x10 Gb optical NICs for Data Plane, 2x1 Gb optical NICs for BMC and Management and up to 256 GB RAM.
Compute Sled – 2U, half width, 800mm deep.
An example configuration holds 2x Dual-socket Xeon motherboards each equipped with up to 256 GB (16x 16 GB) RAM.
Power Shelf to provide 12V power supply to the busbar Power Busbars distribute 12V power to the sled Fiber Optic links between sleds and ToR switches Front side of rack Rear side of rack
The new generation of telecommunication system based on OCP is breaking down the barrier between a rack and a carrier grade shelf. Sleds are directly plugged into the rack, compared to the traditional concept of a system with blades installed inside a rack.
The Pentair offering comprises a rack with the following components:
The Open Rack describes the cabinet, which contains the shelfs and sleds. The rack delivers the OCP infrastructure, including power distribution, cable management and if applicable cooling.
The shelf hosts different configurations of sleds
and provides access
to the power busbars as well as the connection to an optical header for the uplink to the switch.
A sled is hot swappable, connected to the Top-of-Rack Switch and can be either a Computing sled or a Storage sled. The height is 2 U and the width will either be half-wide or normal wide depending on the sled configuration. Both sled types can easily be combined in any configuration.
The power shelf is located
in the bottom of the rack.
It contains a number
of front pluggable PSU’s which can be configured
in N+1 or 2x N+1 or
other redundancy configurations. Variants
for AC, HVDC or -48V DC voltage are available.