- No further refinement
Hardware Platform Management (Pigeon Point)
The Schroff Pigeon Point management solutions are used by leading companies worldwide for open modular platforms like ATCA, MicroTCA and VPX. When incorporated in such platforms, these solutions enable a robust, cost-effective and compliant management layer, as well as for proprietary platforms that leverage and/or extend these standard management facilities.
What is Platform Management?
Many applications in various markets like telecom, datacom and defense demand high system availability and/or full visibility and control of all functions of the hardware on which those applications are based. Hardware platform management includes tracking hardware inventory data (what boards are in the box?) and monitoring hardware-relevant measures like temperatures, currents and voltages (how healthy are those boards?). Abnormal temperatures or other characteristics can then be reported and addressed (for example, by speeding up fans to correct shelf overheating). Typically, each board in a managed system is monitored by a local controller that reports to a shelf- or chassis-level controller. The shelf or chassis controller provides visibility and control to an external system manager.
- AdvancedTCA Shelf Managers (e. g ShMM-700R) and VPX VITA 46.11 Chassis Managers (ChMM-700R) ready for incorporation into a carrier board optimized for your shelf or chassis.
- ATCA, MTCA and VPX board and module management solutions delivered as reference designs including firmware, ready for integration into the implementation of your board or module.
- These solutions for the controllers defined in the management architectures of ATCA, MicroTCA and ANSI/VITA 46.11-2015 for VPX share the following characteristics:
- Authored and supported by experts in the management aspects of the standards.
- Compliant and interoperable reference controllers, backed by years of interoperability testing and intensive use in demanding environments around the world.
- Included bench top implementations for quick ramp up and known good comparisons with customer implementations.
- Comprehensive documentation and one year of technical support, with options for subsequent year support.